Thursday, June 10, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

This infertility thing can always be on the mind and sometimes we need a good distraction or simply an awesome party. My dear friend is getting married this weekend and last Saturday we had a bachelorette party for her. It was an 80s theme party, so we all got dressed up in our 80s outfit (high heels, cut off jeans, leggings, leg warmers, bubble skirts, neon pink necklaces, jackets with big shoulder pads, spandex, big hair with lots of hairsray, hair scrunchies, etc.), put up 80s posters (Wham, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, etc.), put out 80s movies (Dirty Dancing, Stand by Me, Golden Child, Ferris Bueller's Day off, etc.), and had 80s music on (Belinda Carlisle, Madonna, Wham, etc.). Had a blast and I must admit, I would love to dress 80s everyday - best decade ever!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I work in an art college and the students do dress 80s every day. 'Cause it is retro and cool. You have no idea how old that makes me feel.

(Ferris Bueller for the win!)

Anonymous said...

Hello Cat Lady!
Just caught myself up with your progress blog. You know, I am so glad I have the privelege to follow along with you through this amazing and courageous journey. I'm especially glad to hear that you are making some time to relax and enjoy yourself with good friends surrounding you. Yes, I agree ... the 80s ... best decade ever!!