To get over the disappointment, I did some of my favorite things to cheer myself up.
1. Ate at my favorite restaurant with my husband. Traditional French food, lovely presentation and each bite was a delight. I am a real gourmande.
2. Had a 75 minute full body massage. This put me in a total zen state of mind.
3. Bought some new sandals. Wearing pretty footwear always puts a smile on my face.
4. Made lots of pain perdu, which we call French toast. Best comfort food and with a little bit of maple syrup, it's heavenly! The trick to pain perdu, which I just learned, is to use old baguette/bread,otherwise it gets too soggy.
5. Had a girls night out which consisted of a movie, dinner and of course lots of girl talk.
My hubby, cats, friends and family have been very supportive and this has helped immensely. I'm trying not to let infertility get to me, although to be honest it does wear me down. We'll still fight the fight and we may have lost the battle this time, but not the war. Next appointment with the doctor is on 8 September 2010.